23 November 2008

Last Day in the USA



I woke up at 4am with Solmanila poisoning. What a way to start the day. I had a salad last night for supper...

Neo woke up about 5am. Zoe and Tristan around 6. We had our big bags delivered from storage. We went off for the hotel breakfast with Grandma and Grandpa. We came back to the room to get the luggage arranged for the night flight.

I needed to take the rental van back to Hertz. At 10am, I left the older kids with Grandma and Grandpa Smith. Then I took the van back to Hertz. I didn't know where it was exactly so I drove around the airport looking for the rental cars sign. I finally found it by following the Hertz bus. By the time I arrived at Hertz, Neo had fallen asleep in his car seat. The people asked me where I was going. When I told them back to the hotel, they drove us. Isn't that sweet!

Grandpa took Tristan and Zoe down to the hotel pool for a little time to splash and play.

After lunch, we walked down to a neighborhood playground a couple of blocks from the hotel. It's a beautiful neighborhood - and a nice playground. While there, I missed the best picture of the day - Grandma and Grandpa on either end of the see saw with the kids on either side. It was very fun!

Now it's almost 2pm and we need to get our check luggage to Qantas. Grandma and Grandpa need to catch the shuttle back home. We find out as we board the hotel shuttle that Qantas has 2 desks - one at the international area and one on level 4. Fortunatly they are next door to each other. I asked at the door if the international area was correct and was told yes. When I arrived at the desk, they told me I had to go to Level 4 next door. So we loaded some of the luggage onto the luggage cart. Grandpa was a huge help here! I'm so glad we did this with Grandma and Grandpa's help.

We got checked in and the bags clear inspection. Then we went out where Grandma and Grandpa will meet their shuttle. Neo is exhausted and wants to nap. After waiting with them for a while, we decide to head back to the hotel. We said good bye to Grandma & Grandpa.

Neo didn't nap right away, unfortunately - not for lack of trying. So after supper of left overs and a fruit and cheese plate, we try again. This time he does rest. So now Clara, Tristan and I are waiting for 9 pm shuttle to go back to the airport for our 11:05 flight to Brisbane!

We're excited and impatient for things to start!

1 comment:

B. Sorenson said...

How wonderful that the Smith's were able to be there to help you out and to spend time with you.